Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

New Dealer: Jennifer Whittlesey

Here is Jennifer Whittlesey’s introduction to our show. We welcome her.

“I began my artistic career as an embroiderer in the late 70's while homesteading in Prince Edward Island,Canada(our smallest province). Over a number of years my work became increasingly tiny and more intricate, so when I joyfully discovered Houseworks building supplies for sale in a hobby shop in the mid 80's, it was a natural transition for me to explore the possibilities of dollhouse miniatures, which I had loved as a child. Since then I have studied woodworking, moved to Vancouver and graduated from art school where I majored in painting and sculpture. I started my first business -Butterfly&Blue - last spring and am excited to see where this new venture will take me.”

Jennifer can be reached at http://www.butterflyandblue.ca

Micro Garden under glass (in a dome)

Plates of resin and porcelain, 1" diameter

Yellow Stove with Resin Tiles and Marble Base

1 comment:

  1. Get your access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

    Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP-BY-STEP instructions, sketches and blueprints to make all projects easy and simple...

    ReplyDelete